I am not certain if I have amnesia from the big girls toddler time or if Claire is just different but I was not prepared for my little nugget to become such a handful!! I honestly do not remember going through half of these things with Makayla and Hannah. I know there were many times I called my grandma and said "I cannot do this!" but this side of fence I remember it all rosy. Don't get me wrong, I would trade this craziness for NOTHING. I know what it is like living without these milestones and just wishing I could have my baby terrorizing my house, so for all of this.....I am grateful!
With that being said, here is a small list of the things my 17 month old has decided to start doing that leaves me wondering how I did it with 2 just 12.5 months apart. I know I survived it and feel that I did a good job with Makayla and Hannah and I know that I will get through it all just fine again. So here goes my list of daily fun:
- As we speak, she is eating a candy cane through the wrapper
- When I tell her no, she has a massive fit that I am forced to just walk away from
- Every cabinet, every drawer, everything in reach is fair game to be unloaded!
- She draws on absolutely everything with any writing object she can find
- Food in bowls in automatically dumped, then eaten off the floor
- If a cup is left within reach, the drink is poured all over her and the floor and then played in
- Some clothes she can take off! Then cries until I put it back on, then she takes it off again!
- She has started saying words, at least I know what she is saying :)
- Baby dancing! She was a late bloomer on this, she makes a wide stance then shakes her booty
- She understands most things I say and will follow commands
- She knows sign language, a whole 2 signs but it's so stinking cute!
- She loves to sit on the potty but has only actually peed on it once
- She laughs at everything and thinks I am soooo funny (because I am)
- She can play with toys the right way, not just haul them around
- She tries to mimic everything I do, love watching her try to put on makeup
- She loves clothes and accessories
- She attempts to do somersaults to copy her big sisters flying all over the house