Thursday, December 22, 2011

5 months

Yesterday Claire turned 5 months and boy has she grown so much! She was on the lower-mid level on the growth charts but now she is on the upper end. I'm sure it all has to do with her tongue being clipped but she has grown from 0-3 month months and almost out of 3-6 month clothes in the last month.

Lots of pictures and updates from the last month......

Claire enjoying a dance with Daddy at homecoming


Feedings: Still breastfeeding but thankfully the feedings are spacing out. We have finished our rice and she has been eating oatmeal. I don't think she likes it as much as the rice but she eats it anyway. I have been pumping in the extra milk in the morning and before bed and froze an extra 300 oz!

Claire has been sitting, I have to stay close because she will suddenly tip over! Claire and her cousin Aiden, I hope they are best friends growing up!


She has found her toes and loves holding onto both feet at the same time. Rolling over is still progressing slow! Greg has finally seen her roll from belly to back. She rolled from back to belly a few times but none of us have seen it! This is what I get from her......


Then she relaxes to her back, I walk away and come back to this.....


Sleeping is right on track overnight and she is finally getting a general timeframe for daytime naps. The most exciting thing this month is that she has found her voice this week. She will coo and babble just because when before we would have to talk to her to get her to make the noises. She also loves loves loves to laugh! Especially at her sisters, they do not even need to do anything more than look at her and she is laughing uncontrollably!

I am so thankful to be entering the Christmas season with a baby this year! And I have taken a thousand pictures to show it. Makayla and Hannah are just not as patient with the pictures so I am taking it all out on Claire....not that she minds!


I don't know if it's because I am older, because Claire is not the first or because we lost Olivia (or all 3!) but I have just really soaked in each stage. I wish I could go back and slow down with Makayla and Hannah because I know how quickly they really grow and change!!

Have a Merry Christmas!!

2 comments:

  1. She's so sweet! And that last pic just makes me smile! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures! She is such a cutie, all four of your girls are! I think its all of the above (all 3) too!

    ReplyDelete