Monday, November 7, 2011

Operation After Picture: Week 1

Last summer, after I had Olivia, I began my first round of Operation After Picture. What this means is that I am ready to lose some baby weight and working toward an "after picture" that I can feel proud of :) Fortunately I did not reach that first goal because I have my sweet little Claire to show for it. But now Claire is out of my body and I'm ready to shed the evidence that she was in there!!!

I typically do not share my weight with anyone but since I am turning over a new leaf, here's a picture to start this journey.....

Seriously though, my goal is 25 pounds to lose. I would love to lose at least 10 by Christmas, which is completely doable if I lose about 2 pounds per week.

It will be a challenge this time of year to stay motivated to do enough exercise at home but I am hoping blogging on Mondays will help keep me accountable. At this time gym memberships are just not in the budget but I am pulling all the knowledge that I already have and going fully in!

Please say a little prayer for me that I am actually physically able to exercise at home. While pregnant with Claire, I developed pelvic pain for the first time. By the end of the day, if not sooner, I would be unable to walk and get up and down of the couch. Sometimes just walking from the living room to our bedroom would be nearly impossible and I would have to roll myself in bed because I could not lift my own legs up. I have not fully recovered but I have confidence that I will not push past my limits and will only work to make myself stronger.

Feel free to share some of your own weight loss journey with me, we can help encourage each other!!!

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, Cynthia! 25 is a good number for me, too, so seeing you drop the weight (I'm 100% sure you will) HAS to keep me motivated :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are beautiful both inside and out! 25 pounds would be a good starting point for me. Maybe we should all try to do this together. I need some accountability or I will fall of the wagon in a short time.

    ReplyDelete