Thursday, August 11, 2011

One of those weeks

"I will be joyful in God my Savior"

I have been having one of those weeks. One of those weeks where it seems as if around every corner is another hurdle to cross. I continued looking forward feeling positive that things would turn around but still the hurdles were there, no matter how big or small. Finally today I hit my limit and while I was trying to tell Makayla to not cry or whine, I found myself crying over the same thing too! From there I just sank into a hopeless mood the rest of the day. Makayla and Hannah kept themselves busy playing, I took them to the park and out to lunch but nothing would perk me up. I know Claire felt my negative energy because everytime she was not eating or sleeping, she cried (and cried.....).

Finally, after dinner I had enough of the mood I was in. I was looking at 2 days worth of dishes, a pile of mail that needed to be opened, toys/crayons/coloring books all over our living room, kids telling me they were hungry after just finishing dinner and more crying from Claire. I looked tiny little Claire in her sweet, angry face and told her she was just going to have to swing for awhile. I turned on the Christian music station on TV and started dishes. And there it was, peace in my home! The crying stopped just long enough for the dishes to get done and the dish water to start draining. Makayla and Hannah were not fighting at all and picked up toys when I asked them to.

I went to my daily devotional while the girls' bath water was running and today's verses were:

"Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,
18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will be joyful in God my Savior
" (Habakkuk 3:17-18)

I was so glad I had not read that early this morning, I do not think I could have possibly appreciated it had my day not felt like it was crumbling around me. No matter what I have been up against all week or what the following weeks will become, I can still be joyful in God. With that being said, I am also glad that tomorrow (or today) is Friday and I can use this weekend to regroup before tackling next week!

1 comment:

  1. about a week after i had each of my girls, for a 2-4 day period ... i had the 'baby blues'. It was just a little funk that lasted a few days. Its so hard to adjust to new routines, lack of sleep, the physical toll on your body is catching up. I feel for you, mama... but soon things will fall into the rhythm and feel normal again. :) blessings....

    ReplyDelete