Sunday, June 10, 2012

Kentucky Weekend, Part 1

This weekend we had a little family getaway to Kentucky. I had posted on Facebook asking for suggestions within 5 hours and had alot of great response. Someone suggested a place called Kentucky Down Under, so we looked it up and decided to check it out. (Thanks Terwrin!!!)

Let me start out by saying that I am not the most.....laidback....person when it comes to planning and preparing an outing. I am anal, I get stressed and usually have a breakdown beforehand because I think that each and every detail needs to be perfect before taking this grand adventure. Soooo, in true Cynthia fashion, I was stressing about packing, I wanted to be able to walk right out the door as soon as Greg came in from work. I called my grandma in for backup to hold and entertain Claire so that my emotions would not completely errupt.

The trip down was pretty uneventful, thankfully! We did do a pit stop along the way for Cynthiana IN, the kids thought we were nuts but whatevs, this is their life :)


One perk of this trip was the free hotel stay, that's right, I said free! Greg's last job required ALOT of travel so he stayed in the same hotels to rack up points. We stayed at the Sleep Inn in Cave City, KY. The girls were very happy to get there, we rolled in around 11. We did stop at an Old Navy on the way down for the girls to get a new sundress. Makayla is in LOVE with Old Navy and I think it's the manican commercials that have her sold on this.
Happy to be there!


The next morning we ate breakfast at the hotel, stopped at Wal-Mart for a stroller (we forgot ours) and followed the GPS to Kentucky Down Under. The GPS took us the scenic route. It was absolutely beautiful but we were not sure we were on the right track. We stopped and asked a farmer if we were close....and we were only half a mile away, haha!!


To be continued......(when my baby isn't waking up from a nap!!)

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip! I LOVE Old Navy!

    ReplyDelete